This chapter shall not apply to:
- An adjuster for or an agent or employee of an insurer or group of insurers under common control or ownership that, as a representative of the insurer or group, adjusts losses or damages under policies issued by the insurer or group;
- A broker that acts as an adjuster without compensation for an insured for whom the broker is acting as a broker;
- An attorney at law who does not:
- Regularly act as a public insurance adjuster; or
- Represent to the public by sign, advertisement, or other written or oral communication indicating that the attorney at law acts as a public insurance adjuster; or
- A licensed health care provider, or employee of a licensed health care provider, who prepares or files a health insurance claim form on behalf of a patient, a licensed insurance agent, or salaried employee of an insurance company.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 14-256, see notes following § 31-1631.01.
DC CODE § 31-1631.12
Current through December 11, 2012
(Mar. 27, 2003, D.C. Law 14-256, § 12, 50 DCR 238.)