- Any foreign insurer, upon the written request of the Commissioner, shall submit to the Commissioner an RBC Report as of the end of the calendar year just ended on the later of:
- The date an RBC Report would be required to be filed by a domestic insurer under this chapter; or
- Fifteen days after the request is received by the foreign insurer.
- Any foreign insurer shall, at the written request of the Commissioner, promptly submit to the Commissioner a copy of any RBC Plan that is filed with the commissioner of any other state.
- In the event of a Company Action Level Event, Regulatory Action Level Event or Authorized Control Level Event, with respect to any foreign insurer as determined under the RBC statute applicable in the state of domicile of the insurer (or, if no RBC statute is in force in that state under the provisions of this chapter), if the insurance commissioner or similar authority of the state of domicile of the foreign insurer fails to require the foreign insurer to file an RBC Plan in the manner specified under that state's RBC statute (or, if no RBC statute is in force in that state, under § 31-2002), the Commissioner may require the foreign insurer to file an RBC Plan with the Commissioner. In such event, the failure of the foreign insurer to file an RBC Plan with the Commissioner shall be grounds to order the insurer to cease and desist from writing new insurance business in the District.
- In the event of a Mandatory Control Level Event with respect to any foreign insurer, if no domiciliary receiver has been appointed with respect to the foreign insurer under the rehabilitation and liquidation statute applicable in the state of domicile of the foreign insurer, the Commissioner may make application to the Superior Court permitted under Chapter 13 of this title with respect to the liquidation of property of foreign insurers found in the District, and the occurrence of the Mandatory Control Level Event shall be considered adequate grounds for the application.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 35-4610.
Legislative History of Laws
For legislative history of D.C. Law 11-233, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 31-2001.
DC CODE § 31-2010
Current through December 11, 2012
(Apr. 9, 1997, D.C. Law 11-233, § 11, 44 DCR 765.)