No health insurer shall:
- Require an insured to pay a higher deductible, copayment, or coinsurance; require a longer waiting period; or impose any other condition for coverage of any of the benefits set forth in this chapter other than is required for other benefits covered by the insured's health benefit plan;
- Refuse to issue a health benefit plan solely because an applicant may use any of the benefits covered by this chapter;
- Cancel a health benefit plan solely because an insured has used any of the benefits covered by this chapter;
- Offer to pay any type of material inducement or financial incentive to an insured to discourage the insured from using any of the benefits covered by this chapter; or
- Offer to pay any type of financial or other material incentive to a health care provider to deny, reduce, withhold, limit, or delay to an insured any of the benefits covered by this chapter.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 13-175, see notes following § 31-3001.
DC CODE § 31-3003
Current through December 11, 2012
(Oct. 21, 2000, D.C. Law 13-175, § 4, 47 DCR 6832.)