- A title insurer may satisfy its obligation to file premium rates, rating manuals, and forms as required by this chapter if:
- It becomes a member of, or a subscriber to, a rate service organization, organized and licensed under the provisions of acts relating to insurance which are codified in this title;
- The rate service organization makes the filings; and
- It authorizes the Commissioner in writing to accept the filings on the title insurer's behalf.
- This chapter shall not:
- Require any title insurer to become a member of, or a subscriber to, any rate service organization; and
- Prohibit the filing of deviations from rate service organization filings by any member or subscriber.
Historical and Statutory
Emergency Act Amendments
For temporary (90 day) addition, see § 2160 of Fiscal Year 2011 Budget Support Emergency Act of 2010 (D.C. Act 18-463, July 2, 2010, 57 DCR 6542).
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 18-223, see notes following § 31-5031.01.
DC CODE § 31-5031.19
Current through December 11, 2012
(Sept. 24, 2010, D.C. Law 18-223, § 2160, 57 DCR 6242.)