- This chapter shall:
- Apply to all persons engaged in the business of title insurance in the District; and
- Supplement the provisions of Chapter 25 of this title.
- This chapter shall not:
- Except as otherwise provided, limit the application of any acts relating to insurance which are codified in this title; or
- Limit or restrict the rights of policyholders, claimants, and creditors.
- If there is a conflict between a provision of this chapter and any provision in an act relating to insurance which is codified in this title, including Chapter 25 of this title, this chapter shall apply.
- This chapter shall apply as of January 1, 2011 and to all transactions entered into after January 1, 2011.
Historical and Statutory
Emergency Act Amendments
For temporary (90 day) addition, see § 2165 of Fiscal Year 2011 Budget Support Emergency Act of 2010 (D.C. Act 18-463, July 2, 2010, 57 DCR 6542).
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 18-223, see notes following § 31-5031.01.
DC CODE § 31-5031.24
Current through December 11, 2012
(Sept. 24, 2010, D.C. Law 18-223, § 2165, 57 DCR 6242.)