- This chapter shall:
- Apply to all persons engaged in the business of title insurance in the District;
- Supplement the provisions of Chapter 11A of this title.
- This chapter shall not:
- Except as otherwise provided, limit the application of any insurance law codified in this title; or
- Limit or restrict the rights of policyholders, claimants, and creditors.
- If there is a conflict between a provision of this chapter and any other act relating to insurance which is codified in this title, including Chapter 11A of this title, this chapter shall apply.
- This chapter shall apply as of January 1, 2011, and to all transactions entered into after January 1, 2011.
Historical and Statutory
Emergency Act Amendments
For temporary (90 day) addition, see § 2133 of Fiscal Year 2011 Budget Support Emergency Act of 2010 (D.C. Act 18-463, July 2, 2010, 57 DCR 6542).
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 18-223, see notes following § 31-5041.01.
DC CODE § 31-5041.12
Current through December 11, 2012
(Sept. 24, 2010, D.C. Law 18-223, § 2133, 57 DCR 6242.)