For the purposes of this chapter, the term:
- "Applicant" means an individual, or other person designated by the Commissioner by rule, applying for any of the following:
- An initial license as a resident insurance producer pursuant to Chapter 11A of this title, or public insurance adjuster pursuant to Chapter 16A of this title;
- A license or registration to be an agent, broker-dealer, investment adviser, or investment adviser representative pursuant to Chapter 56 of this title;
- A charter to open and operate a new bank pursuant to subchapter I of Chapter 7 of Title 26; or
- A license, charter, or registration, other than those designated in subparagraphs (A) through (C) of this paragraph, as designated by the Commissioner by rule.
- "Commissioner" means the Commissioner of the Department of Insurance, Securities, and Banking.
- "Fingerprint" means an impression of the lines on the finger taken for the purpose of identification. The impression may be electronic or in ink converted to an electronic format.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
Law 19-143, the "DISB Fingerprint-Based Background Check Authorization Act of 2012", was introduced in Council and assigned Bill No. 19-198, which was referred to the Committee on Public Services and Consumer Affairs. The Bill was adopted on first and second readings on March 6, 2012, and April 17, 2012, respectively. Signed by the Mayor on April 29, 2012, it was assigned Act No. 19-346 and transmitted to both Houses of Congress for its review. D.C. Law 19- 143 became effective on June 20, 2012.
DC CODE § 31-631
Current through December 11, 2012
(June 20, 2012, D.C. Law 19-143, § 101, 59 DCR 4069.)