- The Commissioner shall:
- Treat and maintain applicants' fingerprints and any criminal history record background information obtained under this chapter as confidential;
- Apply security measures consistent with the Criminal Justice Information Services Division of the Federal Bureau of Investigation's standards for the electronic storage of fingerprints and necessary identifying information; and
- Limit the use of records solely for the purposes authorized by this chapter.
- For the purposes of this chapter, any such records shall:
- Not be deemed to be a public record within the meaning of § 2-502(18);
- Not be subject to disclosure, except pursuant to a subpoena issued by order of a court of competent jurisdiction;
- Be kept confidential by law and privileged; and
- Not be subject to discovery or admissible in any private civil action.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For history of Law 19-143, see notes under § 31-631.
DC CODE § 31-633
Current through December 11, 2012
(June 20, 2012, D.C. Law 19-143, § 103, 59 DCR 4069.)