The Mayor or his authorized representative shall have the authority to:
- Investigate and ascertain the wages of persons employed in any occupation in the District of Columbia;
- Enter and inspect the place of business or employment of any employer in the District of Columbia in order to:
- Examine and inspect any books, registers, payrolls, and other records as the Mayor or the Mayor's authorized representative may deem necessary or appropriate;
- Copy books, registers, payrolls, and other records as the Mayor or the Mayor's authorized representative may deem necessary or appropriate; and
- Question an employee for the purpose of ascertaining whether the provisions of this subchapter and the orders and regulations issued thereunder have been and are being complied with; and
- Require from any employer full and correct statements in writing, including sworn statements, with respect to wages, hours, names, addresses, and any other information that pertains to the employment of the employees as the Mayor or the Mayor's authorized representative may deem necessary or appropriate to carry out the purposes of this subchapter.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 36-220.4.
Legislative History of Laws
For legislative history of D.C. Law 9-248, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 32-1001.
DC CODE § 32-1005
Current through December 11, 2012
(Mar. 25, 1993, D.C. Law 9-248, § 6, 40 DCR 761.)