- A person shall not interfere with, restrain, or deny the exercise of, or the attempt to exercise, any right provided by this chapter.
- An employer shall not discharge or discriminate in any manner against an employee because the employee:
- Opposes any practice by an employer made unlawful by this chapter;
- Pursuant or related to this chapter:
- Files or attempts to file a charge;
- Institutes or attempts to institute a proceeding; or
- Facilitates the institution of a proceeding;
- Gives any information or testimony in connection with an inquiry or proceeding related to this chapter; or
- Uses paid leave provided under this chapter.
- Nothing in this chapter shall prohibit an employer from establishing and enforcing a lawful policy relating to improper use of paid leave or from seeking more frequent certifications from an employee if there is evidence of a pattern of abuse of paid leave.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 17-152, see notes following § 32-131.01.
DC CODE § 32-131.08
Current through December 11, 2012
(May 13, 2008, D.C. Law 17-152, § 9, 55 DCR 3452.)