- The Mayor shall prescribe, and the Mayor shall provide to employers, and an employer shall post and maintain in a conspicuous place, a notice that sets forth excerpts from or summaries of the pertinent provisions of this chapter and information that pertains to the filing of a complaint under this chapter. The notice shall be published in all languages spoken by 3% of or 500 individuals in the District of Columbia population, whichever is less.
- (1) An employer who willfully violates this section shall be assessed a civil penalty not to exceed $100 for each day that the employer fails to post the notice; provided, that the total penalty shall not exceed $500.
- No liability for failure to post notice will arise under this section if the Mayor has failed to provide to the business the notice required by this section.
- An employer shall post the notice in English and all languages spoken by employees with Limited or no-English Proficiency, as defined in § 2-1931(5).
- Employers shall be furnished copies or summaries of this chapter prepared by the Mayor on request.
Historical and Statutory
Effect of Amendments
D.C. Law 17-353, in subsec. (a), deleted "in languages in accordance with subchapter II of Chapter 19 of Title 2," following "provide to employers,".
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 17-152, see notes following § 32-131.01.
For Law 17-353, see notes following § 32-101.
DC CODE § 32-131.09
Current through December 11, 2012
(May 13, 2008, D.C. Law 17-152, § 10, 55 DCR 3452; Mar. 25, 2009, D.C. Law 17-353, § 311(b), 56 DCR 1117.)