The requirements of this chapter shall not apply to:
- Any employer who directly hires and compensates employees for the exclusive purpose of furnishing part-time or temporary help to others and does not in any way offer or attempt to place the employees in permanent jobs with any other employer;
- Any person conducting a business which, for a fee, prepares resumes for individuals but does not provide, offer, or imply the offer of any other service related to employment;
- Bona fide educational, religious, charitable, fraternal, and benevolent organizations in which no fee, commission, or other charge is made for services rendered other than ordinary membership dues or tuition fees;
- Bona fide labor organizations securing or attempting to secure employment for their members;
- Bona fide employees' organizations securing or attempting to secure employment for their members;
- Professional counselors whose advice and counsel to individuals concerning employment is incidental to the primary counseling services provided; or
- Any agency or instrumentality of the United States government or the District government.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 36-1016.
Legislative History of Laws
For legislative history of D.C. Law 5-136, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 32-401.
DC CODE § 32-416
Current through December 11, 2012
(Mar. 13, 1985, D.C. Law 5-136, § 18, 31 DCR 5727.)