- There is established a Temporary Commission on Pay Equity and Training ("Commission").
- The Commission shall consist of 15 members appointed as follows:
- Five members appointed by the Mayor who shall include:
- The Director of the Office of Personnel or the Director's designee;
- The Director of the Department of Employment Services or the Director's designee;
- The Director of the Office of Human Rights or the Director's designee; and
- The Executive Director of the Commission for Women or the Executive Director's designee;
- One member appointed by the Chairperson of the Committee on Government Operations;
- One member appointed by the Chairperson of the Committee on Housing and Economic Development;
- One member appointed by the Chairperson of the Committee on Public Service;
- One member appointed by the Board of Education;
- The Executive Director of the D.C. General Hospital Commission;
- Four members selected from and appointed by a panel composed of 1 officer from each of the 6 largest public sector unions that each serve as the exclusive representative of employees in more than 5 job classifications and who are:
- More than 30% female; and
- More than 50% minority; and
- One member appointed by a panel composed of 1 officer of each of the unions not affiliated with the AFL-CIO representing (as exclusive representatives) a proportion of female employees that is greater than 30%, and a proportion of minority employees that is greater than 50%.
- To the extent practicable, appointments under this section shall be made with a view towards maintaining a fair balance reflecting the gender and racial compositions of the District workforce. All Commission members shall be residents of the District.
- Members of the Commission shall be appointed within 30 days of February 24, 1987. The chairperson of the Commission shall convene an organizational meeting no later than 15 days after the appointments have been made.
- The Commission shall cease to exist 60 days after its report has been submitted to the Council.
- Vacancies occurring within the Commission shall be filled in the same manner as the original appointees, as provided for in subsection (b) of this section.
- The Commission shall determine its organization and may elect its own officers.
- A written transcript or a transcription shall be kept for all meetings at which a vote is taken.
- A majority of the members of the Commission shall constitute a quorum.
- The Commission shall meet at the call of the chair or a majority of its members, but at least once every 2 months.
- Members of the Commission shall not be considered to be employees of the District by reason of appointment to the Commission and shall not receive pay by reason of service as members. In the event that a member is a District employee, that person shall not lose pay as a result of time served on the Commission.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 36-1102.
Legislative History of Laws
For legislative history of D.C. Law 6-162, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 32-601.
DC CODE § 32-602
Current through December 11, 2012
(Feb. 24, 1987, D.C. Law 6-162, § 3, 33 DCR 6684.)