this is an outdated text: switch to the updated & improved dc code website
home, about

The DC Code: § 32-703 Enforcement by civil action.

Index32 Labor. (Refs & Annos)

Any person or employer may bring a civil action in any court of competent jurisdiction against the appropriate domestic partner(s) to recover damages as a result of:

A false statement in a declaration of domestic partnership or a false assertion of family membership; or
A failure to notify the Mayor or the employer of a change in the status of the domestic partnership or family membership.

Historical and Statutory

Prior Codifications 1981 Ed., § 36-1403. Legislative History of Laws For legislative history of D.C. Law 9-114, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 32-701. DC CODE § 32-703 Current through December 11, 2012


(June 11, 1992, D.C. Law 9-114, § 4, 39 DCR 2861.)