- If the Council authorizes the District to purchase a cable system at a fair market value under § 34-1255.05 or purchase the cable system at an equitable price under § 34-1255.04(b), and the District and the cable operator cannot agree upon a price, the final price shall be determined by an arbitration panel.
- The arbitration panel shall consist of 3 members, selected as follows:
- One member shall be selected by the Council;
- One member shall be selected by the cable operator; and
- One member shall be selected by the Council and the cable operator acting jointly; provided, that if the Council and the cable operator fail to agree on a member, the Council or cable operator may apply to the American Arbitration Association and the American Arbitration Association shall select the member.
- The member selected under subsection (b)(3) of this section shall be the presiding officer of the arbitration panel, absent majority agreement to the contrary.
- The determination of the majority of the 3-member arbitration panel shall be binding on the parties.
- The cable operator shall bear all expenses regarding the arbitration.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 14-193, see notes following § 34-1251.01.
DC CODE § 34-1255.07
Current through December 11, 2012
(Aug. 21, 1982, D.C. Law 4-142, § 507, as added Oct. 9, 2002, D.C. Law 14-193, § 2(b), 49 DCR 7334.)