- An electricity supplier may use accumulated renewable energy credits to meet the renewable energy portfolio standard by submitting them to the Commission as evidence of compliance.
- A renewable energy credit may be sold or otherwise transferred.
- Except as authorized under section (d) of this section, a renewable energy credit shall exist for 3 years from the date created.
- A renewable energy credit may be diminished or extinguished before the expiration of 3 years by:
- The electricity supplier that received the credit;
- A nonaffiliated entity of the electricity supplier:
- That purchased the credit from the electricity supplier receiving the credit;
- To whom the electricity supplier otherwise transferred the credit; or
- Demonstrated compliance by the generating facility with the requirements of § 34-1433(i).
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 15-340, see notes following § 34-1431.
DC CODE § 34-1438
Current through December 11, 2012
(Apr. 12, 2005, D.C. Law 15-340, § 10, 52 DCR 2285.)