this is an outdated text: switch to the updated & improved dc code website
home, about

The DC Code: § 34-2702 Formation and operation of 1-call center.

Index34 Public Utilities. (Refs & Annos)
a
All public utility operators doing business or having underground facilities in the District of Columbia shall form and operate a one-call center for the mutual receipt of notification of proposed excavation or demolition operations within the District of Columbia. The one-call center, to which notification concerning proposed excavation or demolition should be directed, shall file with the District of Columbia Department of Transportation the telephone number and address of such center, and a list of the name and address of each public utility operator participating in the operation of the center.
b
All agencies or instrumentalities of the District of Columbia, including the Water and Sewer Authority, owning, leasing, maintaining, or otherwise possessing an interest in underground facilities shall join and participate in the one-call center. The name and address of each District agency or instrumentality participating in the operation of the one-call center shall be included in the list transmitted by the one-call center to the District of Columbia Department of Public Works.
c
The one-call center shall be referred to as District One Call, abbreviated for convenience purposes as "DOC".

Historical and Statutory

Prior Codifications 1981 Ed., § 43-1702. Effect of Amendments D.C. Law 13-114 designated the existing text as subsec. (a), and added subsecs. (b) and (c). Legislative History of Laws For legislative history of D.C. Law 3-129, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 34-2701. For Law 13-114, see notes following § 34-2701. Transfer of Functions The functions of the Department of Transportation were transferred to the Department of Public Works by Reorganization Plan No. 4 of 1983, effective March 1, 1984. DC CODE § 34-2702 Current through December 11, 2012

Credits

(Mar. 4, 1981, D.C. Law 3-129, § 3, 28 DCR 264; May 23, 2000, D.C. Law 13-114, § 2(b), 47 DCR 1993.)