- The District of Columbia Public School ("DCPS") system shall allow existing public charter schools that are chartered by the District of Columbia Board of Education or the Public Charter School Board prior to September 30, 2002, to utilize space in DCPS facilities, where such facilities are currently or projected to be underutilized because of decreased or stagnant student enrollment.
- (1) As payment for the space allocation, the public charter school shall pay, from its facility allowance, a portion of all funding amounts dealing with capital and maintenance costs or an amount agreeable to the charter school and DCPS.
- This amount of payment shall be agreed upon by DCPS and the Charter School before relocation of any public charter school into a public school facility. The fee charged shall be added to the individual school's budget.
- The Superintendent of Schools, in cooperation with the Board of Education, shall provide a plan for the co-location of public schools chartered after October 1, 2002, to the Council, by March 1, 2003.
- The Board of Education shall promulgate rules to implement the provision of this chapter.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 14-190, see notes following § 38-1208.01.
DC CODE § 38-1831.01
Current through December 11, 2012
(Oct. 1, 2002, D.C. Law 14-190, § 3422, 49 DCR 6968.)