Specific functions of the Task Force shall include the following:
- Within 60 days of the approval of the Board of Education, adopt, by a majority vote, the Special Education Reform Plan developed pursuant to § 38- 2553;
- Convene monthly, or more frequently as deemed necessary and appropriate, to report on the implementation of the Special Education Reform Plan and identify obstacles and recommend amendments to the Special Education Reform Plan;
- Identify ways to better coordinate and improve special education service delivery;
- Monitor the Special Education Reform to ensure that the Reform Plan is executed in an appropriate and timely manner; and
- Determine specific savings targets for Fiscal Year 2004 and beyond, including those associated with the Tobacco Settlement funds provided to the District of Columbia Public Schools in Fiscal Year 2003.
Historical and Statutory
Effect of Amendments
D.C. Law 15-354, in par. (1), validated a previously made technical correction.
Emergency Act Amendments
For temporary (90 day) addition, see § 3 of Special Education Task Force Establishment Second Congressional Review Emergency Act of 2003 (D.C. Act 15- 232, November 25, 2003, 50 DCR 10729).
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 15-39, see notes following § 38-160.
For Law 15-354, see notes following § 38-101.
DC CODE § 38-2552
Current through December 11, 2012
(Nov. 13, 2003, D.C. Law 15-39, § 373, 50 DCR 5668; Apr. 13, 2005, D.C. Law 15-354, § 84(b), 52 DCR 2638.)