- The SEA shall report to the Council annually, on or before the 1st day of the school year, for each nonpublic special education school or program:
- The name and location of each nonpublic special education school or program issued or denied a Certificate of Approval by the SEA, including the status of each;
- The number of children assigned to each school or program;
- Any enforcement action that has been taken with respect to the license, Certificate of Approval, or charter of the school or program;
- Any action the school or program has taken, or is taking, with respect to an enforcement action;
- All incident reports, including any report of abuse, neglect, or use of aversive intervention regarding any student placed by the SEA;
- Any investigation taken by the school or program as a result of an incident, including:
- The time it took to complete the investigation;
- Whether the parents or guardian of the student and the SEA have been informed of the report; and
- The progress and outcomes of the investigation, including any action taken by the facility; provided, that the information shall not be reported in a manner that violates any applicable provision of federal, state, or local law relating to the privacy of student information.
- The report shall be made available to the public on the SEA and DCPS Internet sites.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 17-304, see notes following § 38-2561.01.
DC CODE § 38-2561.16
Current through December 11, 2012
(Mar. 14, 2007, D.C. Law 16-269, § 116, as added Mar. 20, 2009, D.C. Law 17-304, § 2(e), 55 DCR 12806.)