- It shall be the goal of the District of Columbia for children to engage in physical activity for 60 minutes each day.
- Public schools and public charter schools shall promote this goal.
- Public schools and public charter schools shall seek to maximize physical activity by means including:
- Extending the school day;
- Encouraging students to walk or bike to school;
- Promoting active recess;
- Including physical activity in after-school activities;
- Supporting athletic programs; and
- Integrating movement into classroom instruction.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 18-209, see notes following § 38-821.01.
DC CODE § 38-824.01
Current through December 11, 2012
(July 27, 2010, D.C. Law 18-209, § 401, 57 DCR 4779.)