- The District Department of the Environment, in conjunction with the District of Columbia Public Schools, the Department of Parks and Recreation, the Public Charter School Board, the Office of the State Superintendent of Education, the State Board of Education, and the University System of the District of Columbia, shall develop an environmental literacy plan for public schools and public charter schools.
- The environmental literacy plan shall, at minimum, describe the following:
- Relevant teaching and learning standards adopted by the State Board of Education;
- Professional development opportunities for teachers;
- How to measure environmental literacy;
- Governmental and nongovernmental entities that can assist schools; and
- Implementation of the plan.
- The District Department of the Environment shall transmit the environmental literacy plan to the Mayor and the Council by June 30, 2012.
Historical and Statutory
Effect of Amendments
D.C. Law 19-37 designated the existing text as subsec. (a); and added subsecs. (b) and (c).
Emergency Act Amendments
For temporary (90 day) amendment of section, see § 2(j) of Healthy Schools Emergency Amendment Act of 2011 (D.C. Act 19-143, August 9, 2011, 58 DCR 6814).
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 18-209, see notes following § 38-821.01.
For history of Law 19-37, see notes under § 38-821.01.
DC CODE § 38-825.02
Current through December 11, 2012
(July 27, 2010, D.C. Law 18-209, § 502, 57 DCR 4779; Oct. 20, 2011, D.C. Law 19-37, § 2(j), 58 DCR 6841.)