- Whenever the owner or the co-owners of any square or lot duly subdivided in conformity with § 1-1320 or other applicable laws of the District of Columbia shall deem it necessary to subdivide the same into a condominium project of convenient condominium units for sale and occupancy and means of access for their accommodation, he may cause a plat or plats to be made by the surveyor of the District of Columbia, on which said plats, together, shall be expressed:
- The ground dimensions as set forth under such § 1-1320 and the exterior lengths of all lines of the building;
- For each floor or floors, in the instance of condominium units consisting of more than 1 floor, of the condominium subdivision, the number or letter, dimensions, and lengths of finished interior surfaces of unit dividing walls of the individual condominium units; the elevations (or average elevation, in case of slight variance) from a fixed known point, of finished floors and of finished ceilings of such condominium units situate upon the same floor, and further expressing the area, the relationship of each unit to the other upon the same floor and their relationship to the common elements upon said floor; provided, that when a unit is situated on more than 1 floor, access shall be provided within the unit between the portion of the unit on any 1 floor and the portion of the unit on any other floor in addition to any outside access which might be provided to any portion of the unit;
- The dimensions and lengths of the interior finished surface of walls, elevations, from said same fixed known point, of the finished floors and of the finished ceilings of the general common elements of the building, and, in proper case, of the limited common elements restricted to a given number of condominium units, expressing which are those units; and
- Any other data necessary for the identification of the individual condominium units and the general and limited common elements.
- And said owners or co-owners may certify such condominium subdivisions under their hands and seals in the presence of 2 credible witnesses, upon the same plat or on a paper or a parchment attached thereto. And the same shall thereupon be put up, labeled, indexed, and preserved for record and deposit with the office of the surveyor for the District of Columbia in like manner as land subdivisions have been heretofore recorded or in such other books as the said surveyor may prescribe.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 45-1709.
1973 Ed., § 5-909.
Legislative History of Laws
For legislative history of D.C. Law 11-255, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 42-2002.
Supersedure of chapter: See Historical and Statutory Notes following § 42- 2001.
DC CODE § 42-2009
Current through December 11, 2012
(Dec. 21, 1963, 77 Stat. 452, Pub. L. 88-218, § 9; Aug. 21, 1964, 78 Stat. 586, Pub. L. 88-475, § 1(c); Apr. 9, 1997, D.C. Law 11-255, § 48(b), 44 DCR 1271.)