In enacting this chapter, the Council of the District of Columbia supports the following statutory purposes:
- To protect low- and moderate-income tenants from the erosion of their income from increased housing costs;
- To provide incentives for the construction of new rental units and the rehabilitation of vacant rental units in the District;
- To continue to improve the administrative machinery for the resolution of disputes and controversies between housing providers and tenants;
- To protect the existing supply of rental housing from conversion to other uses; and
- To prevent the erosion of moderately priced rental housing while providing housing providers and developers with a reasonable rate of return on their investments.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 45-2502.
Legislative History of Laws
For legislative history of D.C. Law 6-10, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 42-3501.01.
Termination of Law 6-10: See Historical and Statutory Notes following § 42- 3501.01.
DC CODE § 42-3501.02
Current through December 11, 2012
(July 17, 1985, D.C. Law 6-10, § 102, 32 DCR 3089.)