- If an advertisement for a lease-purchase agreement refers to, or states, the amount of any payment and the right to acquire ownership for any one specific item, the advertisement shall also clearly and conspicuously state the following items, as applicable:
- That the transaction advertised is a lease-purchase agreement;
- The total of payments necessary to acquire ownership; and
- That the consumer acquires no ownership rights if the total amount required to purchase is not paid.
- An owner or personnel of any medium in which an advertisement appears or through which it is disseminated shall not be liable under this section.
- Subsection (a) of this section shall not apply to an advertisement which does not refer to or state the amount of any payment or which is published in the yellow pages of a telephone directory or in any similar directory of business.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For D.C. Law 14-99, see notes following § 42-3671.01.
DC CODE § 42-3671.10
Current through December 11, 2012
(Apr. 13, 2002, D.C. Law 14-99, § 11, 49 DCR 1000.)