- The sanctions set forth in § 44-509.
- On determining that a licensee has violated this chapter, the Mayor, in addition to the sanctions required by subsection (a) of this section, may:
- Restrict the number of residents the licensee may admit;
- Require the licensee to reduce the number of residents in its care;
- Require the licensee and any of its staff to receive remedial instruction or training in a specific area;
- Require the licensee to use the services of a management firm approved by the Mayor;
- Notify or require the licensee to notify a resident who is affected by the violation and his or her surrogate;
- Increase the frequency of monitoring visits during a specified period of time;
- Enter into an agreement with the licensee establishing certain conditions for continued operation, including time limits for compliance; and
- Petition a court of competent jurisdiction to appoint a receiver as provided in subchapter II of Chapter 10 of this title.
- If the Mayor determines that the licensee has violated a condition or requirement of an imposed sanction, the Mayor may suspend or revoke the license.
- Appeals under this section may be taken pursuant to subchapter XII of this chapter.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 13-127, see notes following § 44-101.01.
DC CODE § 44-104.01
Current through December 11, 2012
(June 24, 2000, D.C. Law 13-127, § 401, 47 DCR 2647.)