- The Mayor shall develop medication management training courses which shall be approved by the Board of Nursing. The medication administration training program shall include instruction in the following areas:
- Cuing, coaching, and monitoring residents who self-administer medications with or without assistance;
- Terminology related to medication;
- Procedures and precautions in administering medication;
- Types of medication;
- Actions, interactions, and effects of medication;
- Administration of medication in emergency or life-threatening circumstances;
- Recordkeeping, storage, handling, and disposal requirements for medications;
- Rights of residents;
- Monitoring of vital signs;
- Federal and District of Columbia laws governing medication; and
- Reference sources related to medication.
- The Mayor shall maintain a list of approved medication administration courses for the training of persons to be certified by the District of Columbia as TMEs.
- In order to maintain certification, every 2 years a TME shall successfully complete a clinical update or refresher course approved by the Mayor.
- The ALA shall document completion of the medication training course in TME's personnel file.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 13-127, see notes following § 44-101.01.
DC CODE § 44-109.06
Current through December 11, 2012
(June 24, 2000, D.C. Law 13-127, § 906, 47 DCR 2647.)