- Each resident shall be identified prior to drug administration.
- Drugs prescribed for one resident shall not be administered to another resident.
- Staff shall report drug errors and adverse drug reactions immediately to the ALA or ALA designee who shall report, as appropriate, to the doctor, prescriber, pharmacist, resident, and resident's surrogate and shall document the incident in the resident's record.
- A unit drug compliance package (blister or bubble or unit dose package) shall be developed and implemented where feasible.
- Medications shall be refrigerated separately from lab specimens and food.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 13-127, see notes following § 44-101.01.
DC CODE § 44-109.07
Current through December 11, 2012
(June 24, 2000, D.C. Law 13-127, § 907, 47 DCR 2647.)