- Each ALR shall carry insurance for at least the following:
- Hazards (fire and extended coverage) in the amount of $500.00 per resident to protect belongings with a minimum of $2,000 of coverage per facility;
- Premises, personal injury, and products liability at least in the following amounts:
- For one to 2 beds, $100,000 per occurrence;
- For 3 to 9 beds, $300,000 per occurrence; and
- For 10 or more beds, $500,000 per occurrence; and
- Incidental malpractice coverage specific to the duties required of an ALA manager or any staff member in the amount of at least $100,000.
- If an ALR is not owned by the operator or manager, the operator or manager shall obtain proof of the owner's premises liability coverage, such as a certificate of standard landlord coverage, or shall place the owner on the operator's or manager's policy as an additional named insured.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 13-127, see notes following § 44-101.01.
DC CODE § 44-111.01
Current through December 11, 2012
(June 24, 2000, D.C. Law 13-127, § 1101, 47 DCR 2647.)