- In order to grant a certificate of need, except for a certificate of need to decrease the bed capacity of a HCF, the SHPDA shall, upon review of an applicant, make a written finding that the proposed HCF, health service, major medical equipment, or capital expenditure meets the requirements of this chapter and any other requirements established by regulations. In addition, the SHPDA shall make the written finding that:
- The applicant is in compliance with all assurances made pursuant to § 603(e) of the Public Health Service Act, approved July 1, 1944, as amended (58 Stat. 682; 42 U.S.C. 291c et seq.); and
- The applicant, if it operates on a fee-for-service basis and has not given assurances pursuant to § 603(e) of the Public Health Service Act, approved July 1, 1944, as amended (58 Stat. 682; 42 U.S.C. 291c), has given equivalent assurances, in writing, to the SHPDA and is in compliance with any assurances pursuant to this subsection in a previous certificate of need application.
- In adopting rules in accordance with § 44-421, the SHPDA shall adopt comprehensive, detailed rules to ensure that compliance with the assurances given pursuant to subsection (a) of this section is achieved and maintained by the applicant. The SHPDA may adopt identical or separate rules for facilities described in subsection (a) of this section.
- In conducting certificate of need review, the SHPDA shall utilize all appropriate criteria adopted by rules.
- The SHCC shall, in the performance of its review functions, follow procedures and apply criteria developed and published by the SHPDA and adopted by the SHCC.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 32-360.
Effect of Amendments
D.C. Law 15-149, in subsec. (a), inserted "major medical equipment," after "health service,".
Temporary Amendments of Section
For temporary (225 day) amendment of section, see § 2(f) of Health Services Planning and Development Temporary Amendment Act of 2003 (D.C. Law 15-19, June 21, 2003, law notification 50 DCR 5463).
Emergency Act Amendments
For temporary (90 day) amendment of section, see § 2(f) of Health Services Planning and Development Emergency Amendment Act of 2003 (D.C. Act 15-49, March 28, 2003, 50 DCR 2943).
For temporary (90 day) amendment of section, see § 2(f) of Health Services Planning and Development Congressional Review Emergency Amendment Act of 2003 (D.C. Act 15-87, May 19, 2003, 50 DCR 4325).
For temporary (90 day) amendment of section, see § 2(f) of Health Services Planning and Development Emergency Amendment Act of 2004 (D.C. Act 15-322, January 28, 2004, 51 DCR 1581).
Legislative History of Laws
For legislative history of D.C. Law 11-191, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 44-401.
For Law 15-149, see notes following § 44-401.
DC CODE § 44-410
Current through December 11, 2012
(Apr. 9, 1997, D.C. Law 11-191, § 11, 43 DCR 4535; Apr. 22, 2004, D.C. Law 15-149, § 2(g), 51 DCR 2802.)