- There is established as an instrumentality of the District government the Not-for-Profit Hospital Corporation, which shall have a separate legal existence within the District government.
- The primary purpose of the Corporation shall be to:
- Receive the land, improvements on the land, equipment, and other assets of the United Medical Center;
- Operate and take all actions to ensure the continued operation of the hospital; and
- Sell or otherwise transfer all or part of the hospital and site, if a qualified buyer is identified.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For history of Law 19-21, see notes under § 44-951.01.
DC CODE § 44-951.02
Current through December 11, 2012
(Sept. 14, 2011, D.C. Law 19-21, § 5113, 58 DCR 6226.)