- Except as provided in subsection (b) of this section, for taxable years beginning after December 31, 2000, a Qualified High Technology Company shall be allowed a credit against the tax imposed by § 47-1817.06 equal to 50% of the wages paid to a qualified disadvantaged employee, as defined in § 47- 1817.04, during the first 24 calendar months of employment.
- The credit under subsection (a) of this section shall not be allowed:
- To exceed $15,000 in a taxable year for a qualified disadvantaged employee; or
- If the Qualified High Technology Company accords the qualified disadvantaged employee lesser benefits or rights than it accords other employees in similar jobs.
- If the amount of the credit allowable under this section exceeds the tax otherwise due from a Qualified High Technology Company, the unused amount of the credit may be carried forward for 10 years.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 13-256, see notes following § 47-1817.01.
DC CODE § 47-1817.05
Current through December 11, 2012
(Apr. 3, 2001, D.C. Law 13-256, § 203(b), 48 DCR 730.)