this is an outdated text: switch to the updated & improved dc code website
home, about

The DC Code: § 47-2822 Shooting galleries. [Repealed]

Index47 Taxation, Licensing, Permits, Assessments, and Fees. (Refs & Annos)

Historical and Statutory

Prior Codifications 1981 Ed., § 47-2822. 1973 Ed., § 47-2322. Legislative History of Laws For legislative history of D.C. Law 12-261, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 47-2801. Miscellaneous Notes Office of Inspector of Buildings abolished: Section 3 of the Act of December 20, 1944, 58 Stat. 822, ch. 611, transferred all the duties, powers, rights, and authority of the Inspector of Buildings of the District of Columbia to the Director of Inspection of the District of Columbia. The Department of Inspections was abolished and the functions thereof transferred to the Board of Commissioners of the District of Columbia by Reorganization Plan No. 5 of 1952. Reorganization Order No. 55 of the Board of Commissioners, dated June 30, 1953, and amended August 13, 1953, and December 17, 1953, established under the direction and control of a Commissioner, a Department of Licenses and Inspections headed by a Director. The Order set out the purpose, organization, and functions of the new department. The Order provided that all of the functions and positions of the following named organizations were transferred to the new Department of Licenses and Inspections: The Department of Inspections including the Engineering Section, the Building Inspection Section, the Electrical Section, the Elevator Inspection Section, the Fire Safety Inspection Section, the Plumbing Inspection Section, the Smoke and Boiler Inspection Section, and the Administrative Section, and similarly the Department of Weights, Measures and Markets, the License Bureau, the License Board, the License Committee, the Board of Special Appeals, the Board for the Condemnation of Dangerous and Unsafe Buildings, and the Central Permit Bureau. The Order provided that in accordance with the provisions of Reorganization Plan No. 5 of 1952, the named organizations were abolished. The executive functions of the Board of Commissioners were transferred to the Commissioner of the District of Columbia by § 401 of Reorganization Plan No. 3 of 1967. Functions vested in the Department of Licenses and Inspection by Reorganization Order No. 55 were transferred to the Director of the Department of Economic Development by Commissioner's Order No. 69-96, dated March 7, 1969. The Department of Economic Development was replaced by Mayor's Order No. 78-42, dated February 17, 1978, which Order established the Department of Licenses, Investigation and Inspections. Office of Major and Superintendent of Metropolitan Police abolished: The Office of the Major and Superintendent of Metropolitan Police was abolished and all functions of that office transferred to and vested in the Chief of Police. The Assistant Superintendent, Executive Officer of the Metropolitan Police Department was designated "Deputy Chief of Police, Executive Officer"; the Assistant Superintendent of the Metropolitan Police in command of the Detective Bureau was designated "Deputy Chief of Police, Chief of Detectives"; and each other Assistant Superintendent of the Metropolitan Police was designated "Deputy Chief of Police" by Reorganization Order No. 7, dated September 16, 1952. Reorganization Order No. 7 was replaced by Organization Order No. 153, dated November 10, 1966. DC CODE § 47-2822 Current through December 11, 2012

Credits

(July 1, 1902, 32 Stat. 625, ch. 1352, § 7, par. 22; July 1, 1932, 47 Stat. 554, ch. 366; 1973 Ed., § 47-2322; enacted, Apr. 9, 1997, D.C. Law 11-254, § 2, 44 DCR 1575; Apr. 20, 1999, D.C. Law 12-261, § 2003(pp)(19), 46 DCR 3142.)