- Except as otherwise provided in subsection (b) of this section, an individual may not act as an athlete agent in the District of Columbia without holding a certificate of registration under § 47-2887.05 or § 47-2887.07.
- Before being issued a certificate of registration, an individual may act as an athlete agent in the District of Columbia for all purposes except signing an agency contract, if:
- A student-athlete or another person acting on behalf of the student-athlete initiates communication with the individual; and
- Within 7 days after an initial act as an athlete agent, the individual submits an application for registration as an athlete agent in the District of Columbia.
- An agency contract resulting from conduct in violation of this section is void and the athlete agent shall return any consideration received under the contract.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For D.C. Law 14-107, see notes following § 47-2887.01.
This section is based upon § 4 of the Uniform Athlete Agents Act. See Vol. 7, Pt. I, Uniform Laws Annotated, Master Edition, or ULA Database on Westlaw.
DC CODE § 47-2887.03
Current through December 11, 2012
(Apr. 13, 2002, D.C. Law 14-107, § 3, 49 DCR 1193).