- An athlete agent, with the intent to induce a student-athlete to enter into an agency contract, may not:
- Give any materially false or misleading information or make a materially false promise or representation;
- Furnish anything of value to a student-athlete before the student- athlete enters into the agency contract; or
- Furnish anything of value to any individual other than the student- athlete or another registered athlete agent.
- An athlete agent may not intentionally:
- Initiate contact with a student-athlete unless registered under this part;
- Refuse or fail to retain or permit inspection of the records required to be retained by § 47-2887.12;
- Fail to register when required by § 47-2887.03;
- Provide materially false or misleading information in an application for registration or renewal of registration;
- Predate or postdate an agency contract; or
- Fail to notify a student-athlete before the student-athlete signs or otherwise authenticates an agency contract for a particular sport that the signing or authentication may make the student-athlete ineligible to participate as a student-athlete in that sport.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For D.C. Law 14-107, see notes following § 47-2887.01.
This section is based upon § 14 of the Uniform Athlete Agents Act. See Vol. 7, Pt. I, Uniform Laws Annotated, Master Edition, or ULA Database on Westlaw.
DC CODE § 47-2887.13
Current through December 11, 2012
(Apr. 13, 2002, D.C. Law 14-107, § 3, 49 DCR 1193).