- For the purposes of this section, the term:
- "Fees and Charges" means District revenues, as defined in § 1- 201.03(10), generated from the collection of user fees and charges, licensing fees, and permit fees.
- "Other-Type Funds" shall have the same meaning as in § 47-368.01(a), except that the term shall not include reimbursements.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of law, including any laws prescribing requirements for a resolution, rulemaking, or publication, Other-Type Funds, and Fees and Charges not otherwise adjusted by any title in the Fiscal Year 2003 Budget Support Amendment Act of 2002, passed on 2nd reading on November 7, 2002 (Enrolled version of Bill 14-892), shall be increased by an average of up to 30% as determined by the Mayor for fiscal year 2003. The increases shall be effective on or before January 1, 2003.
- The Mayor may take any additional action as may be necessary to ensure that all adjustments to Other-Type Funds and to Fees and Charges are effective January 1, 2003.
- A report of the Mayor's actions shall be delivered to the Council on or before November 22, 2002 and shall at the same time be transmitted for publication in the District of Columbia Register.
- On or before November 22, 2002, the Chief Financial Officer of the District of Columbia shall transmit to the Council a report containing the following information:
- A list of each fee, fine, and charge, including permit and license fees, imposed by the District of Columbia:
- The legislative or regulatory authority for the imposition of each fee, fine, or charge;
- The amount levied by the District of Columbia for each individual instance of the fee, fine, or charge;
- The cumulative amount collected annually by the District of Columbia for each fee, fine, or charge;
- The level to which each fee, fine, or charge would be adjusted to account for inflation; and
- The additional amount the District of Columbia would collect each year for each individual fee, fine, or charge, if the fee, fine, or charge were adjusted for inflation.
Historical and Statutory
Emergency Act Amendments
For temporary (90 day) addition of section, see §§ 1202(b) of Fiscal Year 2003 Budget Support Amendment Emergency Act of 2002 (D.C. Act 14-544, December 4, 2002, 49 DCR 11700).
For temporary (90 day) addition of section, see § 1202(b) of the Fiscal Year 2003 Budget Support Amendment Congressional Review Emergency Act of 2003 (D.C. Act 15-27, February 24, 2003, 50 DCR 2151).
For temporary (90 day) amendment of section, see § 1202(b) of Fiscal Year 2003 Budget Support Amendment Second Congressional Review Emergency Act of 2003 (D.C. Act 15-103, June 20, 2003, 50 DCR 5499).
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 14-307, see notes following § 47-368.01.
References in Text
Fiscal Year 2003 Budget Support Amendment Act of 2002, referred to in subsec. (b), is D.C. Law 14-307.
DC CODE § 47-368.02
Current through December 11, 2012
(June 5, 2003, D.C. Law 14-307, § 1202, 49 DCR 11664.)