- The Chief Financial Officer may establish a program to provide amnesty to a taxpayer liable for the payment of certain Title 47 taxes on returns or reports required for tax periods ending prior to December 31, 2008; provided, that if the Chief Financial Officer shall establish the tax amnesty program for a period ending after December 31, 2009, the tax amnesty program shall apply to tax returns or reports for tax periods ending prior to December 31, 2009.
- Those eligible may receive amnesty from the imposition of any fee under § 47-4405, any fine or other civil or criminal penalty authorized under Chapters 41 or 42 of this title for the failure of the taxpayer to file a return or report, or pay a tax due for certain Title 47 taxes on a return or report that was required to be filed for tax periods as provided in subsection (a) of this section.
- (1) The Chief Financial Officer may implement and administer the program for amnesty under this section.
- The Chief Financial Officer may determine the specific dates for the amnesty period.
- Excluding Title 47 real property fees and taxes under Chapters 8, 9, and 12 of this title, any Title 47 payments in lieu of real property taxes and ballpark fees in Chapter 27B of this title, the Chief Financial Officer may determine the specific tax types for which amnesty shall be granted.
- The Chief Financial Officer may:
- Require a taxpayer seeking amnesty to submit the documents or records as the Chief Financial Officer considers necessary to determine the truthfulness or accuracy of a return or report filed pursuant to this section; or
- Subject any return or report filed pursuant to this section to the same audit procedures to which a return or report for the tax type is subjected.
- The Chief Financial Officer may promulgate rules as may be necessary to interpret, administer, and enforce the provisions of this section.
Historical and Statutory
Emergency Act Amendments
For temporary (90 day) addition, see § 7051(b) of Fiscal Year 2010 Budget Support Emergency Act of 2009 (D.C. Act 18-187, August 26, 2009, 56 DCR 7374).
For temporary (90 day) addition, see § 7111(b) of Fiscal Year 2010 Budget Support Second Emergency Act of 2009 (D.C. Act 18-207, October 15, 2009, 56 DCR 8234).
For temporary (90 day) addition, see § 7111(b) of Fiscal Year Budget Support Congressional Review Emergency Amendment Act of 2009 (D.C. Act 18-260, January 4, 2010, 57 DCR 345).
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 18-111, see notes following § 47-305.02.
Short title: Section 7110 of D.C. Law 18-111 provided that subtitle I of title VII of the act may be cited as the "Tax Compliance Act of 2009".
DC CODE § 47-4407
Current through December 11, 2012
(Mar. 3, 2010, D.C. Law 18-111, § 7111(b), 57 DCR 181.)