For the purposes of this subchapter, the term:
- "Chief Financial Officer" means the Chief Financial Officer of the District of Columbia established by § 1-204.24a.
- "Gross building area" means, with respect to a real property, the product of the land area of the real property multiplied by the maximum floor area ratio allowable under its zoning category as of January 1, 2007 without including transfer development rights or bonus development rights; provided, that in the case of real property formerly owned by the United States of America after January 1, 2007, the term "gross building area" shall mean the foregoing as of the date the real property was first legally zoned under District law.
- "Land area" means, with respect to a real property, the ground square footage of the real property.
- "Southeast Water and Sewer Improvement Benefit District" means the special assessment district established by § 47-892.
- (A) "Southeast Water and Sewer Improvement Project" means the improvements and upgrades to the storm drainage and water and sewer systems scheduled to be performed starting on or about May 1, 2007, and scheduled to be completed on or about February 15, 2008, on the following streets: Potomac Avenue, S.E., from South Capitol Street to First Street, S.E.; First Street, S.E., from Potomac Avenue, S.E., to I Street, S.E.; N Street, S.E., from South Capitol Street to First Street, S.E.; I Street, S.E., from South Capitol Street to First Street, S.E.; and South Capitol Street from N Street to O Street, S.E.
- The scheduled starting and completion dates set forth in subparagraph (A) of this paragraph are set forth for descriptive purposes only and shall not limit the costs that may be included in the special assessment total collection amount determined under § 47-893(c) based solely on the fact that the costs were incurred before the scheduled starting date or after the scheduled completion date.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
Law 17-89, the "Southeast Water and Sewer Improvement Special Assessment Authorization Act of 2007", was introduced in Council and assigned Bill No. 17- 159 which was referred to the Committee on Finance and Revenue. The Bill was adopted on first and second readings on October 2, 2007, and November 6, 2007, respectively. Signed by the Mayor on November 27, 2007, it was assigned Act No. 17-207 and transmitted to both Houses of Congress for its review. D.C. Law 17-89 became effective on January 29, 2008.
Section 3 of D.C. Law 17-89 provides that Section 2 shall apply as of October 1, 2007.
DC CODE § 47-891
Current through December 11, 2012
(Jan. 29, 2007, D.C. Law 17-89, § 2(b), 54 DCR 11919.)