- Dissemination of adult arrest records to law enforcement agents. -- (1) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the Metropolitan Police Department of the District of Columbia shall disseminate its unexpurgated adult arrest records to members of the court and law enforcement agents, including the Identification Division of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Such dissemination shall be done without cost and without the authorization of the persons to whom such records relate.
- Any records disseminated under this section shall be used in a manner that complies with applicable federal law and regulations.
- Definitions. -- For purposes of this section:
- The term "member of the court" shall include judges, prosecutors, defense attorneys (with respect to the records of their client defendants), clerks of the court, and penal and probation officers.
- The term "law enforcement agent" shall include police officers and federal agents having the power to arrest.
- The term "unexpurgated adult arrest records" shall include arrest fingerprint cards.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 4-133.1.
DC CODE § 5-113.04
Current through December 11, 2012
(Dec. 12, 1989, 103 Stat. 1903, Pub. L. 101-223, § 7.)