- A law enforcement officer responding to the scene of a motor vehicle accident and completing a traffic accident report shall note the following information on the traffic accident report:
- The insurer or provider of insurance for the operator of each motor vehicle involved in the accident; and
- The insurer or provider of insurance for each motor vehicle involved in the accident.
- (1) Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, within 90 days of June 8, 2006, the Metropolitan Police Department shall utilize traffic accident report forms that contain adequate space on the form to identify the name of the insurer or provider of insurance for each motorist and motor vehicle involved in a motor vehicle accident. The word "Insurance" shall appear adjacent to the space on the form provided for the required insurance information.
- Until the Metropolitan Police Department makes the form specified in paragraph (1) of this subsection available to officers, officers shall enter the insurance information required by subsection (a) of this section in the narrative section of the existing traffic accident report form known as a PD-10. Until the supply of existing PD-10 forms in the inventory of the Metropolitan Police Department are depleted, officers may enter the required insurance information in the narrative section of the PD-10.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For D.C. Law 16-117, see notes following § 5-114.01.
DC CODE § 5-114.03
Current through December 11, 2012
(June 8, 2006, D.C. Law 16-117, § 103, 53 DCR 2548.)