- There is established within the Department, in partnership with UDC, a nurse training program, which shall offer tuition reimbursement for courses at UDC for a licensed practical nurse employed by Saint Elizabeths Hospital to become a registered nurse or for a registered nurse employed by Saint Elizabeths Hospital to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree; provided, that the nurse earns at least a grade B and agrees, in writing, to continue his or her employment at Saint Elizabeths Hospital for a minimum of 2 years.
- The Department shall:
- In partnership with UDC, develop:
- The Program; and
- A course of study that accommodates the schedule of nurses employed full-time;
- Administer the Program;
- Subject to the availability of funds, establish the number, and amounts of, assistance that can be extended in any fiscal year;
- Develop a competitive application process for nurses at Saint Elizabeths Hospital to participate in the Program; and
- Provide remote access learning capacities at Saint Elizabeths Hospital, if feasible.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For history of Law 19-168, see notes under § 7-1131.02.
DC CODE § 7-1131.20
Current through December 11, 2012
(Dec. 18, 2001, D.C. Law 14-56, § 115e, as added Sept. 20, 2012, D.C. Law 19-168, § 5042(b), 59 DCR 8025.)