- There is established as a nonlapsing fund the Fitness Fund, which shall be separate from the General Fund of the District of Columbia and shall be used solely for the purposes of this subchapter; provided, that not more than 5% of the total funds in the Fitness Fund in any given fiscal year shall be used to pay administrative costs.
- The Mayor shall deposit into the Fitness Fund:
- All general revenue funds appropriated for the Mayor's Council;
- Any contributions received:
- Through solicitation;
- As gifts, by devise or bequest;
- As donations or grants; and
- Through any other revenue source.
- All funds deposited into the Fitness Fund, and any interest earned on those funds, shall not revert to the unrestricted fund balance of the General Fund of the District of Columbia at the end of a fiscal year, or at any other time, but shall be continually available for the uses and purposes set forth in this subchapter without regard to fiscal year limitation, subject to authorization by Congress.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For history of Law 19-58, see notes under § 7-121.
DC CODE § 7-125
Current through December 11, 2012
(Dec. 2, 2011, D.C. Law 19-58, § 6, 58 DCR 8969.)