- There is established as a nonlapsing fund the Effi Slaughter Barry Initiative Fund ("Fund"), which shall be a segregated account within the General Fund of the District of Columbia and shall be used solely for the purpose of supporting the initiative.
- The Fund shall be administered by the Department of Health.
- The Mayor shall deposit into the Fund all general revenue funds appropriated in the budget submitted pursuant to § 1-204.46, and authorized by Congress for the purpose of the initiative.
- All funds deposited into the Fund, and any interest earned on those funds, shall not revert to the unrestricted fund balance of the General Fund of the District of Columbia at the end of a fiscal year, or at any other time, but shall be continually available for the uses and purposes set forth in this section without regard to fiscal year limitation, subject to authorization by Congress.
- The Director of the Department of Health may make grants from the Fund to effectuate the purpose of the initiative.
Historical and Statutory
Effect of Amendments
D.C. Law 18-111 added subsec. (e).
Emergency Act Amendments
For temporary (90 day) amendment of section, see § 5021(d) of Fiscal Year 2010 Budget Support Second Emergency Act of 2009 (D.C. Act 18-207, October 15, 2009, 56 DCR 8234).
For temporary (90 day) amendment of section, see § 5021(d) of Fiscal Year Budget Support Congressional Review Emergency Amendment Act of 2009 (D.C. Act 18-260, January 4, 2010, 57 DCR 345).
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 17-219, see notes following § 7-651.17.
For Law 18-111, see notes following § 7-736.01.
Short title: Section 5028 of D.C. Law 17-219 provided that subtitle L of title V of the act may be cited as the "Effi Slaughter Barry HIV/AIDS Initiative Amendment Act of 2008".
DC CODE § 7-1617
Current through December 11, 2012
(Mar. 20, 2008, D.C. Law 17-117, § 7a, as added Aug. 16, 2008, D.C. Law 17-219, § 5029, 55 DCR 7598; Mar. 3, 2010, D.C. Law 18-111, § 5021(d), 57 DCR 181.)