- No person shall sell or distribute cigarettes or other tobacco product, except cigars, through a self-service display.
- Subsection (a) of this section shall not apply to:
- Vending machines that are permitted under § 47-2404(b)(3); or
- Self-service displays that are located in a tobacco specialty store.
- (1) Any person who violates subsection (a) of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, shall be fined not more than $500 nor less than $100, imprisoned not more than 30 days, or both, for the first offense. Any person convicted of a subsequent violation of subsection (a) of this section shall be fined not more than $1,000 nor less than $500, imprisoned not more than 90 days, or both.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 18-189, see notes following § 7-1721.01.
DC CODE § 7-1721.04
Current through December 11, 2012
(Feb. 7, 1891, 26 Stat. 736, ch. 117, § 5, as added July 23, 2010, D.C. Law 18-189, § 3(d), 57 DCR 3019.)