- (1) Each manufacturer shall submit written certification to the Mayor attesting that its cigarettes have been tested in accordance with this subchapter and meet the performance standard required under § 7-1753.
- The submission shall include a description of each cigarette being certified, including the:
- Length in millimeters;
- Circumference in millimeters;
- Flavor, if applicable;
- Filter or non-filter;
- Package description, such as a soft pack or box; and
- Mark required pursuant to subsection (b) of this section.
- Each cigarette certified under this subsection shall be recertified every 3 years.
- (1) Packaging for certified fire-standard-compliant cigarettes shall be marked in 8-point type or larger to indicate that the cigarettes have been tested using the test method and meet the performance standard required by this subchapter.
- The manufacturer shall use only one mark and the mark used shall consist of:
- The letters "FSC," which signify that the cigarette is fire-standard-compliant; or
- Any mark approved for sale in New York or another state that has enacted fire-standard-compliance standards for cigarettes that include the test method and performance standard specified in § 7-1753.
Historical and Statutory
Effect of Amendments
D.C. Law 17-353 validated a previously made technical correction in subsec. (b)(2)(A).
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 17-157, see notes following § 7-1751.
For Law 17-353, see notes following § 7-161.
DC CODE § 7-1754
Current through December 11, 2012
(May 13, 2008, D.C. Law 17-157, § 5, 55 DCR 3703; Mar. 25, 2009, D.C. Law 17-353, § 235, 56 DCR 1117.)