The Mayor shall submit to the Council an annual report on this chapter, which shall at a minimum include the following:
- A description of the specific actions taken to implement this chapter, including the staffing pattern and budget of the responsible administrative unit;
- An analysis by fiscal year of:
- The number of cases reported, investigations conducted, and reports substantiated;
- The characteristics of both substantiated and unsubstantiated cases, including a breakdown by age, impairment, individual reporting, police involvement, services refused, and type of abuse, neglect, or exploitation involved;
- The number of cases referred to court, the reasons for referral, their outcome, and associated court costs;
- The type, amount, and cost of protective services provided;
- The percentage of cost reimbursed by or recouped from 3rd parties;
- The status of substantiated cases at the end of 90 days of services, and the average number of days of services per case;
- The effectiveness with which government agencies and private organizations collaborate to investigate cases and administer protective services, including any proposals to improve coordination of efforts; and
- The resources needed by the Department to conduct investigations and provide services as authorized by and required under this chapter; and
- Any recommendations for amendments to this chapter.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 6-2513.
Effect of Amendments
D.C. Law 16-67, in the lead-in text, substituted "The Mayor shall submit to the Council an annual" for "No later than October 1, 1987, the Mayor shall prepare and submit to the Council a"; in pars.(2)(E) and (F), deleted "and" from the end; and added pars.(2)(G) and (H).
Legislative History of Laws
For legislative history of D.C. Law 5-156, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 7-1901.
For Law 16-67, see notes following § 7-1901.
Delayed application of Law 5-156: See Historical and Statutory Notes following § 7-1901.
DC CODE § 7-1913
Current through December 11, 2012
(Mar. 14, 1985, D.C. Law 5-156, § 14, 32 DCR 13; Mar. 8, 2006, D.C. Law 16-67, § 2(l), 53 DCR 40.)