- A person who assumes legal custody of a live born infant of unknown parentage shall report the following information to the Registrar, within 5 days after taking custody:
- Date and place child was found;
- Sex, race, and approximate birth date of child;
- Name and address of the person or institution with whom the child has been placed for care;
- Name given to the child by the custodian of the child; and
- Any other data required by the Registrar.
- The place where the child was found shall be entered as the place of birth.
- A report registered under this section shall constitute the certificate of birth for the child.
- If the child is identified and a certificate of birth is obtained, the report registered under this section shall be sealed and placed in a special file and shall not be subject to inspection except upon order of the Court (or as provided by regulation).
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 6-206.
Legislative History of Laws
For legislative history of D.C. Law 4-34, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 7-201.
DC CODE § 7-206
Current through December 11, 2012
(Oct. 8, 1981, D.C. Law 4-34, § 7, 28 DCR 3271.)