- The Department shall develop criteria to be used in evaluating the performance of the Ombudsman Program.
- (1) The Department shall obtain, biannually, an independent evaluation of the Ombudsman Program through an academic group or other independent, private-sector organization, the Office of the Inspector General, or the Office of the District of Columbia Auditor. The evaluation shall take into account:
- The number of consumer problems handled;
- The success in resolving the consumer problems handled;
- Outreach and community education activities;
- Satisfaction of consumers served by the program; and
- The extent to which information was provided to the public and policy makers about problems faced by the consumers served.
- The Department shall decide whether to renew contracts based on the evaluation.
- The evaluation shall be available to the public upon request.
- The first evaluation shall take place no later than 2 years after April 12, 2005.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 15-331, see notes following § 7-2071.01.
DC CODE § 7-2071.03
Current through December 11, 2012
(Apr. 12, 2005, D.C. Law 15-331, § 4, 52 DCR 1981.)