The Ombudsman Program shall implement innovative strategies and tools to maximize its outreach to consumers, including provision of the following accessible information sources and services:
- A toll-free 1-800 telephone number that operates in the District metropolitan area;
- A website on the Internet;
- In-person counseling;
- Establishing relationships with organizations in each ward of the city to provide outreach and receive referrals;
- Active liaison, partnership, and information sharing with community, consumer, health, disability, religious, ethnic-based organizations, and other organizations; and
- A one-page, easy-to-read flyer describing the Ombudsman Program's services that shall be available to the public.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 15-331, see notes following § 7-2071.01.
DC CODE § 7-2071.05
Current through December 11, 2012
(Apr. 12, 2005, D.C. Law 15-331, § 6, 52 DCR 1981.)