- The Ombudsman shall establish an Advisory Council to consist of members representing:
- Consumer advocacy organizations;
- Health benefits plans;
- Health care facilities;
- The Health Insurance Counseling and Assistance Program or any successor charged with counseling Medicare beneficiaries pursuant to section 4360 of the Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 1990, approved November 5, 1990 (104 Stat. 1388- 138; 42 U.S.C. § 1395b-4);
- The Department of Health, including its Office of Maternal and Child Health and its Grievance and Appeals Office; and
- The Department of Insurance, Securities, and Banking.
- The Advisory Council shall perform, at minimum, the following functions:
- Advise the Ombudsman on program design and operational issues;
- Recommend the criteria to be used in evaluating the performance of the Ombudsman Program;
- Recommend changes in the Ombudsman Program; and
- Review data on cases handled by the Ombudsman Program and make recommendations based on that data.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 15-331, see notes following § 7-2071.01.
DC CODE § 7-2071.11
Current through December 11, 2012
(Apr. 12, 2005, D.C. Law 15-331, § 12, 52 DCR 1981.)